Dr Sindhu is an internationally trained neonatologist, and did training from the premiere institutes like All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi and at the Foothills Medical Center NICU at Calgary, Canada. She is also an expert in the management of high risk & extreme preterm births and neonates with congenital malformations, hydrops fetalis, pulmonary hypertension, inborn errors of metabolism etc. Her special interests include quality improvement, Neonatal nutrition and follow up of high risk neonates
DM (Neonatology), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Fellowship Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada
MD (Paediatrics), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
DNB (Paediatrics), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, India
MBBS, Madurai Medical College, Madurai, India
Senior Resident, Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, JIPMER
Senior Resident, Department of Pediatrics, AIIMS New Delhi
Fellow, Neonatology: Foothills Medical Centre (University of Calgary), Canada
Senior Resident Neonatology, AIIMS New Delhi
Dr. Gnanadesikan and Dr.S. Subramanian Gold medal in Microbiology
Dr. P. Vadamalayan endowment prize for MBBS - Medicine
Dr. P. Vadamalayan endowment prize – Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. P. Vadamalayan endowment prize - Pathology and Ophthalmology
Best outgoing student award for MBBS-year 2002
Gold Medal in Obstetrics and Gynecology – Year 2001
Gold medal in Ophthalmology - Year 2000
First merit certificate in Microbiology - Year 2000
First merit certificate in Pathology - Year 2000
Sorel Catherine Freeman award for best outgoing student in Pediatrics – Year 2007
National Neonatology Forum Gold Medal Award - Year 2016
Member, National Neonatology Forum
1. Quality Improvement Initiative to Prevent Hypothermia at Admission in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Among Preterm Neonates < 32 Weeks’ Gestation. Sivanandan S, Sankar M J, Deorari A K. Journal of Neonatology Vol.30, No.4, October - December 2016
2. Retinopathy of Prematurity: AIIMS, New Delhi Experience.
Sivanandan S, Chandra P, Deorari AK, Agarwal R. Indian Pediatr. 2016 Nov 7;53 Suppl 2:S123-S128.
3. Pharmacological Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus: Selecting the Agent and Route of Administration. Sivanandan S, Agarwal R. Paediatr Drugs. 2016 Apr;18(2):123-38.
4. Authors' reply. Sivanandan S, Rabi Y, Kamaluddeen M, Akierman A, Lodha A. Indian J Pediatr. 2013 Apr;80(4):356.
5. Effectiveness and safety of indomethacin versus ibuprofen for the treatment of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants.
Sivanandan S, Bali V, Soraisham AS, Harabor A, Kamaluddeen M. Am J Perinatol. 2013 Oct;30(9):745-50.
6. Advances in the management of meconium aspiration syndrome. Swarnam K, Soraisham AS, Sivanandan S. Int J Pediatr. 2012;2012:359571.
7. Choice and duration of antimicrobial therapy for neonatal sepsis and meningitis. Sivanandan S, Soraisham AS, Swarnam K. Int J Pediatr. 2011;2011:712150.
8. Subcutaneous fat necrosis as a complication of therapeutic hypothermia in a term neonate. Sivanandan S, Rabi Y, Kamaluddeen M, Akierman A, Lodha A. Indian J Pediatr. 2012 May;79(5):664-6.
9. Management of diabetic ketoacidosis. Sivanandan S, Sinha A, Jain V, Lodha R.
Indian J Pediatr. 2011 May;78(5):576-84.
10. Intermittent or daily short course chemotherapy for tuberculosis in children: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Menon PR, Lodha R, Sivanandan S, Kabra SK. Indian Pediatr. 2010 Jan;47(1):67-73.
11. Effect of sling application on efficacy of phototherapy in healthy term neonates with nonhemolytic jaundice: a randomized conrolled trial. Sivanandan S, Chawla D, Misra S, Agarwal R, Deorari AK. Indian Pediatr. 2009 Jan;46(1):23-8.
12. Reversible acute left ventricular dysfunction in accidental strangulation. Sivanandan S, Sinha A, Juneja R, Lodha R. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2009 Jan;10(1):e5-8.
13. Factors associated with treatment failure in childhood tuberculosis. Sivanandan S, Walia M, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Indian Pediatr. 2008 Sep;45(9):769-71.
14. Post obstructive pulmonary edema in a child who attempted suicidal hanging.
Sinha A, Sivanandan S, Ramesh P, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Indian J Pediatr. 2008 Oct;75(10):1075-7.
15. Spectrum of primary immune deficiency at a tertiary care hospital. Verma S, Sharma PK, Sivanandan S, Rana N, Saini S, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Indian J Pediatr. 2008 Feb;75(2):143-8.
16. Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the trachea. Sivanandan S, Lodha R, Agarwala S, Sharma M, Kabra SK. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2007 Sep;42(9):847-50.
17. Unilateral proptosis and extradural hematoma in a child with scurvy. Verma S, Sivanandan S, Aneesh MK, Gupta V, Seth R, Kabra S. Pediatr Radiol. 2007 Sep; 37(9):937-9.